Subject: The effects of the Greek financial troubles on the rest of Europe. You should use statistics and specific data in the discussion. No introduction is needed. You should just start your essay with an analysis, including specific data. Please follow all the requirements. 1. You should use ACADEMIC LANGUAGE only! No personal opinion or informal phrases 2. The paper should not contain the introduction part. You can start the discussion and make a conclusion then 3. APA style 4. You should use 3! credible and scientific sources. They should be 2 up-to-date articles (2015-2018) and 1 report of a solid International Organization. 5. No plagiarism 6. Perfect grammar and punctuation. Besides, pay a special attention on the sentence structure. Rememebr it should be A RESEARCH ACADEMIC PAPER!! Pay attention to the instructions, please. You do not need an introduction. You should start with a discussion and end you paper with a conclusion
Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T3 2017
Unit Code ME504
Unit Title Advanced Networking
Assessment Type Individual
Assessment Title Assignment 1 – High-Level Network Design (Plan and design LAN and WAN networks)
Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping) The purpose of this assignment is to develop requirements and design a network which can be implemented for an SME (small and medium sized enterprise). The design of network and service must be specific so that it can be used for the purpose of a quotation and proposal from vendors.
In preparing the assignment, students should acquire not only the knowledge of current technical aspects of IP networks but also research, data collection, analysis and writing skills.
Total Marks 30
Word limit 2000 – 2500 words
Due Date 4 January (11:55PM Thursday in Week 7) T3-2017.
Submission Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Moodle by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of each page with appropriate section headings. Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using IEEE referencing style.
• MS WORD file type is used for submission in Moodle. No ‘zipped’ files or other types must be used.
Extension • If an extension of time to submit work is required, a Special Consideration Application must be submitted directly to the School’s Administration Officer, in Melbourne on Level 6 or in Sydney on Level 7. You must submit this application three working days prior to the due date of the assignment. Further information is available at:
• Academic Misconduct is a serious offence. Depending on the seriousness of the case, penalties can vary from a written warning or zero marks to exclusion from the course or rescinding of the degree. Students should make themselves familiar with the full policy and procedure available at: http://www.mit.edu.au/about-mit/institute-publications/policies-procedures-and-guidelines/Plagiarism-Academic-Misconduct-Policy-Procedure. For further information, please refer to the Academic Integrity Section in your Unit Description.
There are two parts to this assignment, part A and part B.
A. Investigate, design and develop a suitable LAN and WAN network for an SME by addressing the following criteria. See detailed instructions in the next section. 25 marks
B. Presentation 5 marks
Part A description:
There are areas to consider for VPN network design in this assignment.
• Design a network for an SME include LAN and WAN
Contents must include:
• Scopes and Limitations
• Requirements (Network parts and VPN service parts)
• Solution Design
a. Logical Design
b. Physical Design
c. Network Topologies
d. IP addressing
e. Security features and Policies
f. Redundancy and Failover plans
g. VPN service implementation
• Analysis and Evaluation
• Refer to the sample document below for network design, and consider how to implement VPN services onto the network.
Marks are allocated as indicated on each question, taking the following aspects into account:
Identification and analysis and description Correctly identification, appropriateness, discussion
Explanation/justification Description and justification
Presentation and diagrams Structure, presentation, formatting, writing
Reference style Correct referencing style is required, if applicable
Plagiarism Copying from another student, copying from internet sources/textbook, copying from other sources without proper acknowledgement.
Task A – Total 25 marks
No Categories Description Marks
1 Template and format The document should include all necessary headings and content to depict a Level 2 (e.g. Ethernet, VPWS, VPLS) and Level 3 (e.g. VPRN) services and network design as per the example provided. 5
2 Requirements Multiple figures and tables should be included to show the requirements development. There must be a section for a ‘compliance’ check so that vendors can properly respond to the requirements. 5
3 Solutions This section should include appropriate headings and content to propose a solution for an SME network. Wireless LAN solution should be included. 10
4 Analysis and Evaluation Include a section for comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of the proposed solution, which will justify the reason for its choice. Critical analysis and evaluation should be addressed with minimum 1000 words 5
Part B description:
Task B – Total 5 marks
The proposed network design will be presented in a 5-minute presentation during the week 7 Laboratory class. Presentation slides should be submitted in Moodle prior to the presentation for marking. No other options (hard copy, memory stick, website and email) will be considered but the presentation file submitted in Moodle.
Marks will be given as below:
• Presentation (3 marks)
• Slides (2 marks)
Marking Rubric for Assignment 1 Questions-Marks as shown
Excellent Very Good Good Satisfactory Unsatisfactory
Identification and Analysis and description Highly valid and appropriate Valid and appropriate Generally valid and appropriate Valid but no appropriate Not valid and not appropriate
justification All elements are present and well integrated. Components present with good cohesion Components present and mostly well integrated Most components present Lacks structure.
Reference style Clear styles with excellent source of references. Clear referencing/ style Generally good referencing/style Unclear referencing/style Lacks consistency with many errors
Presentation and diagrams Proper writing and drawing. Professionally presented Properly written and drawing, with some minor deficiencies Mostly good, but some structure or presentation problems Acceptable presentation Poor structure, careless presentation
Programming on the Internet
-An On-line Grocery Store with Graphic User Interface-
Due on: Tuesday 15 May 2018, at 11:59 pm
In this assignment, you are required to develop a web site for a Grocery Store to run a grocery business on-line. This Grocery Store system is a simulated online grocery shopping experience. It is applicable to any e-commerce shopping application.
The products in the store for sale can be divided into five categories: Frozen-Food, FreshFood, Beverages, Home-Health and Pet-Food. The data pre-defined in a MySQL database is shown as below:
Attributes associated with each product:
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| product_id | int(10) unsigned | | PRI | 0 | |
| product_name | varchar(20) | | | | |
| unit_price | float(8,2) | | | 0.00 | |
| unit_quantity | varchar(15) | | | | |
| in_stock | int(10) unsigned | | | 0 | | +—————+——————+——+—–+———+——-+
Products available for sale:
| product_id | product_name | unit_price | unit_quantity | in_stock
| 1000 | Fish Fingers | 2.55 | 500 gram | 1500 |
| 1001 | Fish Fingers | 5.00 | 1000 gram | 750 |
| 1002 | Hamburger Patties | 2.35 | Pack 10 | 1200 |
| 1003 | Shelled Prawns | 6.90 | 250 gram | 300
| 1004 | Tub Ice Cream | 1.80 | I Litre | 800 |
| 1005 | Tub Ice Cream | 3.40 | 2 Litre | 1200 |
| 2000 | Panadol | 3.00 | Pack 24 | 2000
| 2001 | Panadol | 5.50 | Bottle 50 | 1000
| 2002 | Bath Soap | 2.60 | Pack 6 | 500
| 2003 | Garbage Bags Small | 1.50 | Pack 10 | 500 |
| 2004 | Garbage Bags Large | 5.00 | Pack 50 | 300 |
| 2005 | Washing Powder | 4.00 | 1000 gram | 800 |
| 2006 | Laundry Bleach | 3.55 | 2 Litre bottle | 250 |
| 3000 | Cheddar Cheese | 8.00 | 500 gram | 1000
| 3001 | Cheddar Cheese | 15.00 | 1000 gram | 1000 |
| 3002 | T’Bone Steak | 7.00 | 1000 gram | 200 |
| 3003 | Navel Oranges | 3.99 | Bag 20 | 200 |
| 3004 | Bananas | 1.49 | Kilo | 400 |
| 3005 | Peaches | 2.99 | Kilo | 500
| 3006 | Grapes | 3.50 | Kilo | 200 |
| 3007 | Apples | 1.99 | Kilo | 500 |
| 4000 | Earl Grey Tea Bags | 2.49 | Pack 25 | 1200 |
| 4001 | Earl Grey Tea Bags | 7.25 | Pack 100 | 1200 |
| 4002 | Earl Grey Tea Bags | 13.00 | Pack 200 | 800
| 4003 | Instant Coffee | 2.89 | 200 gram | 500 |
| 4004 | Instant Coffee | 5.10 | 500 gram | 500 |
| 4005 | Chocolate Bar | 2.50 | 500 gram | 300 |
| 5000 | Dry Dog Food | 5.95 | 5 kg Pack | 400 |
| 5001 | Dry Dog Food | 1.95 | 1 kg Pack | 400
| 5002 | Bird Food | 3.99 | 500g packet | 200 |
| 5003 | Cat Food | 2.00 | 500g | 200 |
| 5004 | Fish Food | 3.00 | 500g | 200
32 rows in set (0.01 sec)
This assignment consists of four components. You can work in a group of two students but each student should do 50% of the work involved in preparing the group assignment. You may also work on your own if you wish to. This assignment counts as 40% towards your final assessment.
1. Learn about the design of professional (advanced) Web pages
2. Learn about real-life Website design, including hierarchal structures for navigation.
3. Learn how to use graphic tools for creating clickable rollover image maps
4. Learn how to design customised presentation (layout) of Web pages
5. Learn how to use server/client side scripting languages for creating dynamic Web pages
6. Learn how to use PHP & MySQL for reading, writing and verifying data
7. Learn how to create an e-commerce application using a combination of scripting languages, descriptive languages, development tools and backend databases.
The browser window is divided into three frames, the Left Hand Frame, the Top Right Hand Frame and the Bottom Right Hand Frame, as shown below:
The main focus of our on-line shopping project is to allow customers to visually search/browse for products available in the shop and then display the details of chosen products. Customers can add chosen products to a virtual shopping cart and when they wish to complete the shopping, they can checkout by filling an on-line Purchase Form that asks for the delivery of details and email address. Once the Form is filled out, the customer can complete the order by clicking on the -Purchase- button. The details of the order are then sent via email to the email address given on the form as a confirmation of the order.
There are four components in this project. These component will display in one of the three frames of browser’s window. The four components are :-
1. The left hand frame displays a Visual (e.g. an Image Map) Browser. The Visual Browser shows the category hierarchy of products available in the shop. The default image only shows two levels of the products hierarchy.
When the mouse pointer moves over a particular category node then the image displayed changes to a more detailed graph, showing the substructure of this particular category. At the lowest level of the hierarchy individual nodes are -live- i.e. they represent particular products and they are live links to a php file.
When a user clicks on a particular “product node” it will bring up a php file showing the details of the product in the right top frame.
2. The top right frame is a web page generated on the server side by a php script. It retrieves the appropriate product entry from the MySQL products table and then displays selected attributes of the product in a web page generated by the script. Each product displayed has an -Add- button which adds the selected product to the user’s shopping cart, which is displayed in the bottom right hand frame.
3. The bottom right hand frame displays a Virtual Shopping Cart, showing the user how many products that are already chosen and the total value of their selections so far. Users can empty the shopping cart (i.e. clear all selections made so far) by clicking on a -Clear- button. Users can also complete their shopping session by clicking on a button labelled -Checkout-. When the Checkout button is clicked, the system checks that the user actually has products in the shopping cart, and if so it executes a php script whose results are shown in the top right hand frame. (If there are no products in the shopping cart a simple message is displayed in the shopping cart frame).
4. The checkout component displays a purchase form asking the user to fill in their delivery details (name, address, suburb, state, country and email address). All these fields must be completed for the order to go ahead. The user completes the transaction by clicking on a button labelled -Purchase-. The details of the order are sent via email to the email address given on the form.
A MySQL account has been created for you to access the database -poti-, on the server -rerun-.
Details of the account: username: potiro password: pcXZb(kL (select/read-only access)
Unix Command line: mysql -h rerun -u potiro -p poti
• Use a graphic tool of your choice or PC Paint to create your clickable image maps.
• Use PHP code to retrive products’ information from MySQL database
• Test each component of your system, and then integrate all components into a complete system.
Your web page must reside on the machine www-student.it.uts.edu.au, in your public_html directory.
You submit the assignment details (your name, Student ID, URL of the assignment, partner’s details (if done with someone else) through a form which will appear as a menu option on the subject website. If you want to you can submit your assignment details after the form appears, but prior to the due date you may do so. There will be a link to the submission form at the subject homepage for making your submission. You will be asked to submit the URL of your page (but that URL must refer to a page on www-student.it.uts.edu.au).
• Before you submit your assignment, please check whether your web site is accessible. • Do not send the URL of your assignment to the lecturer or tutors by email!
After the indicated deadline submissions will not be accepted!
Students are reminded of the principles laid down in the -Statement of Good Practice and Ethics in Informal Assessment- in the Faculty Handbook. Assignments in this subject should be your own original work. Any collaboration with another participant should be limited to those matters described in the -Acceptable Behaviour- section. Similarly, any group work should be the result of collaboration only within the group. Any infringement by a participant will be considered a breach of discipline and will be dealt with in accordance with the Rules and By-Laws the University. The Faculty penalty for proven misconduct of this nature is zero marks for the subject. For more information, see: http://www.gsu.uts.edu.au/rules/16-2.html.
Further, copying of resources (e.g. images, blocks of HTML) from other web sites without acknowledgement of the source constitutes plagiarism, and is considered as unacceptable behaviour. While you should feel free to use other web sites for inspiration, you should not cutand-paste -source code-.
The exception to the above rule is web sites which make available free-to-download archives of images, scripts, etc. You should check any restrictions before using such material (e.g. many image sites require you to include a link back to their home page if you use their images). Further, for the purposes of this subject, you should also acknowledge the source of any such material by using a comment !– … — in your HTML file. For more information, see: http://wiki.it.uts.edu.au//start/Academic_Integrity.
Here are some png graphics which you can use in the assignment if you wish. The colours are not particularly good, and you can improve them if you wish. You are also free to make your own images from scratch
Marketing Mix.” Please respond to the following:
When thinking about the history of public relations, determine which development do you think was the most significant. Explain your reasoning.
Of all the articles you found on the Web site for the World Advertising Research Centre (WARC) at http://www.warc.com/, determine which was the most applicable. Explain your rationale.
Explain how can this information help you communicate effectively with these professionals.
Assignment: Analyze Sales Call Communication Issues
This Assignment assesses the following course outcome:
GEL-4.06: Critically analyze the dynamics of human relationships.
For every different sales call, the seller is responsible to provide information to help a buyer’s success within their own work situation. Working together means providing information and knowledge beyond the specs of a product and may include the buyers own customer base. The more a salesperson can help the buyer be successful, the more likelihood of the seller’s success.
I was on my way to a meeting with a new client, one of my first. When I arrived, I was kept waiting for 5 minutes while a series of staff entered and exited the client’s office. I was then ushered into an office that had various citations on the walls for quality control and many reports were stacked on the client’ desk. She had a very serious demeanor and when I looked around the office for clues as to who this client was, I could not find any personal mementos so I dove into my usual sales pitch regarding our cell phone products. She apologized for starting the meeting late and keeping me waiting. I told her that it was no problem and decided to skip the small talk and get down to describing our products. After listening about 5 minutes and leaning back in her chair, she asked me,
“How would your cell phone products help us to relate to our customers since the majority are senior citizens?”
When I responded, I was not that specific and instead said that our brochure had much of the technical information the client might want. But I quickly added that I would be glad to give her a personalized tour of our plant and that we were always amenable to adapting to the client’s needs. In fact, we had a booth reserved for the upcoming Technology Expo where a select list of guests would be privy to upcoming innovations we were pioneering and we would enjoy entertaining her there as a prospective future client. After all I said leaning forward and giving her my undivided attention, I knew she would want to be kept up to date regarding new developments.
She said she appreciated my suggestion and asked would I add her to the list of guests. Then she expressed a need to attend a department meeting and asked if she might show me out.
I realized that was my cue to depart and I rose quickly in response.
Based on the scenario provided, describe the social style of the buyer and the seller. Explain your reasoning.
What kind of sales presentation did the sales person make?
What could the salesperson have done differently to improve this sales call with the potential client without making the client angry, based on your identified client social style?
Provide the pertinent data necessary to answer the client’s question.
Analyze how this data will be useful for the client in relating to their customers.
Explain the type of communications between the seller and client and present successes and failures of this meeting.
Submit a 500-word Microsoft Word document in APA format with additional title and reference pages to the unit Dropbox.
prepare a PowerPoint presentation for the next Teacher In-Service Training day that discusses the following issues:
What are the priorities for changing what is taught (subject matter) in this policy?
Does the emphasis in this policy seem to be on programs or people? Explain.
What is the role of the community, state, and federal government in ensuring accountability?
What is the possible impact of not making the identified changes?
What does this policy state needs to be done to support teachers and learners in the classroom?
Give your conclusions and recommendations about the best course of action for improving curriculum.
Create an .
Note: The Ethics & Social Responsibility plan should account for approximately three to five (3-5) pages of the Business Plan Draft.
Describe the ways in which your company is committed to being a good corporate citizen.
Hints: Consider the following areas:
Following the laws of every jurisdiction in which your company operates
Fair and honest treatment of employees
Non-discrimination of employees and increasing diversity of your work force
Hints: If your company is designed as a social venture—in which you have a primary purpose of achieving a social or environmental goal—describe what that goal is and what aspects of your company are designed to reach that goal. Provide a rationale for why you have or why you have not chosen this to be a social venture.
Discuss how your company’s activities will affect the environment and identify the steps you will take to mitigate any negative impacts.
Hints: As a beverage company, consider such issues as your choice of packaging, disposal of bottles / packages by consumers, and your use of resources, such as water in areas where water may be scarce.
Determine any health issues / claims related to the product you are making, whether negative or positive. Suggest the strategy your company will use to mitigate any negative issues, and to ensure any positive claims are true.
Many beverage products have negative health impacts on certain segments of a population (e.g., children, pregnant mothers, etc.). Suggest your company’s plan, through advertising, distribution, and / or other methods, to target and reach only appropriate market segments.
Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
Cite the resources you have used to complete the exercise. Note: There is no minimum requirement for the number of resources used in the exercise.
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
Section 2: Business Plan Financials (MS Excel worksheets template)
For year one, revise and submit the Income Statement, Cash Flow Projections, and Balance Sheet sections from the “Business Plan Financials” MS Excel template (see: Course Required Files in Week 1).
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Describe strategic planning techniques used to formulate alternative strategies designed to achieve stated business goals.
Create a plan to implement a firm’s strategy and manage the change from current operations.
Analyze strategies for exerting the internal leadership needed to drive the implementation of strategic initiatives and improve operating excellence.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic management.
Write clearly and concisely about strategic management using proper writing mechanics.
1.In a Hardy-Weinberg population with two alleles, A and a, the frequency of allele “a” is 0.05. What is the frequency of individuals with AA genotype?
2.In a hypothetical population of 1000 people, tests show that 640 have the genotype RR, 320 have the genotype Rr, and 40 have the genotype rr.
• What is the frequency of the R allele? The r allele?
3. A large population of laboratory animals has been allowed to breed randomly for a number of generations. After several generations, 2.25% of the animals display a recessive phenotype (aa), the same percentage as at the beginning of the
breeding program. The rest of the animals show the dominant phenotype, with heterozygotes indistinguishable from the homozygous dominants.
• What is the most reasonable conclusion that can be drawn from the fact that the frequency of the recessive trait (aa) has not changed over time?
–A) The population is undergoing genetic drift.
–B) The two phenotypes are about equally adaptive under laboratory conditions.
–C) The genotype AA is lethal.
–D) There has been a high rate of mutation of allele A to allele a.
–E) There has been sexual selection favoring allele a.
•What is the estimated frequency of allele a in the gene pool?
•What is the estimated frequency of allele A in the gene pool?
•What is the estimated percentage of individuals that are homozygous dominant in this population?
•What is the estimated percentage of individuals that are heterozygous in this population?
4. Assume that it has been determined within a particular ethnic group, 1 out of 32 births will have a serious autosomal recessive genetic disease.
• What is the percentage of children with this disease?
• What is the frequency of the normal allele?
• What percent of the population will be carriers for this recessive disease?
For your writing scenario in this module, the editor of the student magazine has reviewed your draft and sees potential for an audience in your profession or field. Although you may have used general sources in your expository essay in Module 2, the editor now requires sources that are more appropriate for you major or intended field. Such sources need to be credible, relevant, and recent. Excelsior College relies on the Written Communication VALUE Rubric for assessment of writing in our capstones. VALUE also may provide the basis for assignment grading criteria. An important focus is on Sources and Evidence.The highest level of achievement on VALUE for Sources and Evidence is the following: The paper demonstrates skillful use of high quality, credible, relevant sources to develop ideas that are appropriate for the discipline and genre of the writing.
For this activity, you will locate two additional sources related to your topic or thesis for your field. You will create an annotated bibliography with entries that are well organized and include consistently strong summaries of the sources. You will also evaluate each source, and ensure you have clear and correct critiques of each source.
As you work on your final draft of your expository essay, you will incorporate these sources into your paper. You may find that, after reading sources in your field, you need to adjust your topic and thesis.
Before completing this assignment, be sure to review the information on annotated bibliographies from the Excelsior College OWLlocated at:
Excelsior College Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Annotated bibliographies (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Retrieved from http://owl.excelsior.edu/research-and-citations/annotated-bibliographies/
As you read each of the two sources required for this assignment, make sure to record all the necessary information about the source, name of the journal, book, database, publication and retrieval date, and page numbers.
Annotations for at least two sources.
Two sources must be from the library databases.
Each source must be followed by a one-paragraph summary of the source and then a one- or two-sentence evaluation of the article focusing on the credibility and helpfulness of each source.
You will submit the citations for your sources in proper format (APA) for your discipline. Here is an example of a properly formatted APA journal citation:
1. What does it mean to be proactive, instead of reactive, in disaster management? In the case of hurricanes, what actions would you take to break the reactive cycle of constantly correcting the previous disaster’s lessons learned, and achieve a proactive process that enhances facility resiliency?
Your response must be at least 100 words in length.
2. Describe the process of Presidential Disaster Declarations and how this process has changed over time. Why were these changes made? Have the changes to this process resulted in improved disaster response and recovery in the recent 2017 Hurricanes Harvey and Irma? Why?
Your response must be at least 100 words in length.
3. Describe the communications confusion problems that inhibited effective response and recovery from the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. What caused these problems and what actions would you recommend to prevent similar communications confusion in future major focusing events.
Your response must be at least 100 words in length.
4. The textbook discussed one important aspect of major focusing events and the political issues that can affect response and recovery efforts. In major catastrophes, such as Hurricane Katrina or the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, political controversies and agendas may cause independent actions by lawmakers that detract from disaster response and recovery efforts. Discuss the dynamic that causes this phenomenon, and describe what actions can be taken to reduce the likelihood of this occurring or would minimize the impact.
Your response must be at least 100 words in length.
5. Describe the crisis management difficulties in response to the BP Deepwater Horizon. What were the competing directives that could be considered governing for this disaster? What problems did this cause in execution of response and recovery actions? In your view, which directive should have been invoked, and why? Has this competing directive gap been rectified?
Your response must be at least 100 words in length.
6. Describe the formation of DHS. What changes to DHS and FEMA were made following Hurricane Katrina? Why?
Your response must be at least 100 words in length.