Now that you have reviewed the theories of Michael Porter, this is an opportunity for you to connect these theories to the current environmental factors that influence an industry of interest to you.
- Choose an industry that is of interest to you – try to go beyond what is right in front of you – think of something that you are really interested in – it will make this assignment a whole lot more interesting for you (and for me, because your enthusiasm will shine through)
- Provide information for each of the questions presented in this chapter pertaining to an environmental analysis in regards to your chosen industry
- Present this information in a slide deck with voice narration https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae-b1e7-e47d8741161c
- No more than 10 slides
- Be creative with how you present the information
- Your presentation should be creative, professional, and interesting to view and listen to
- You may submit a PPT file to ulearn, or submit a link for your presentation to be viewed on YouTube.
- write the script for the voice part in a separate document please!!!!
Questions to be answered:
- What are the strategically relevant factors in the macro-environment?
- How strong are the industry’s competitive forces?
- Identify the 3 strongest common drivers listed on table 3.3 that most likely contributed to these industry changes, and explain the specifics of these drivers as they relate to this industry
- How are industry rivals positioned in the market?
- What strategic moves are rivals likely to make next?
- What are the industry’s key factors?
- Is the industry outlook conducive to good profitability?