You are in charge of finding and implementing new technology for your law enforcement agency. You are the one to write up the proposal describing this new technology and outlining how it will be implemented in the next five years. Your proposal must address the following:
- How large is your agency?
Outline your agency now, as well as what it will look like in the next five years. What are some of the technological needs of your agency within the next five years?
- Choose one technology that is imperative for the advancement of your agency.
You can choose to improve existing technology or implement new technology. Address these issues with regard to your chosen technology:
- What is the specific technology and how does it benefit law enforcement? Describe.
- Compare the benefits of the identified technology now to ten years from now. Discuss how the technology will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your agency.
- Identify the agency (position) that will utilize this technology. Explain the training needed for existing personnel, with regard to this technology.
- Determine the budget cost of implementing this technology. Explain how you will propose funding for this technology.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference paegs), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.