Summer Semester 2016
1. Form a group of up to four students
2. Choose a team leader
3. Select a country to be the subject of your assignment.
4. The report should be approximately 1,500 words in length
5. The team leader should send an email to the Macroeconomics instructor (email@example.com) containing the names and student ID numbers of the members of your group as well as the name of the chosen country.
6. If you cannot find a group, contact the instructor asap.
What is the current macroeconomic situation of your chosen country? (6 marks)
What are two major macroeconomic problems in this country and what is the main cause of each problem? (7 marks)
What can the government (or other domestic entity) do to solve each of these problems? (7 marks)
? An excellent source of material is The CIA World Factbook https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
? Consider such variables as:
• GDP (PPP basis)
• per capita income
• growth of GDP
• ratio of work force to total population
• employment and unemployment
• income distribution
• exports and imports
• size of government (expenditure as a share of GDP)
• public debt
? Use a comparator such as the world economy, India or the United States